The other day I asked Gwendolyn if she wanted me to paint her toenails this weekend (what little girl doesn't love that?) and she responded, "No. It makes me feel like I'm showing off -- like I have a boa and poofy things." She'd much rather dig in the dirt and look for pretty rocks or try to catch geckos.
She's quite the entrepreneur. She borrowed her daddy's hammer to crack these rocks open in an effort to find "crystals", which she intends to sell.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Gwennie rocks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So cute! Gwennie reminds me of me as a kid, but much more charming.
What?! I remember when she loved wearing the boas Granny got her and "puffy things". She just had a moment of modesty but I am sure the Diva will return!
That reminds me of my mom and dad. Ever since a kid in my Mom's elementary class brought a geode to show and tell, my mom cracked open rocks hoping to find crystals. When she met my dad (studying Geology as a Major) she told him this as they were on a walk. Then he picked up a rock and told her "this one has crystals in it", and sure enough it did. Since they fell in love over rocks we went "rock hunting" quite often as a family. If you are interested in finding good places to look in the area, or for specific rocks, my Dad would probably know. There is a place in Utah with LOTS of geodes. My parent brought back many buckets full and lined their garden with them.
Post a Comment