Friday, February 15, 2008

thank you, Mason, for being our lazy sausage

More thanks I've gotten from Linus this week:
As I wash some celery, "Thank you for washing the lettuce.
"
When a piece of carrot falls on the floor and I pick it up and throw it away, "Thank you for putting that in the trash."

When I return home after a quick errand, "Thank you for coming home!
"
As I get ready for bed, "Thank you for putting your sleepers on."
Maybe he thinks we're supposed to say thanks for common, everyday things. After all, I'm always thanking him for putting his laundry in the hamper, for getting his shoes on, for picking up his toys.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey there! I can't wait to get caught up on your family news. L & G have grown up so much!
Btw, your "thank you" story makes me chuckle, since I find myself thanking Riley for *everything* lately.

Leslie said...

this reminds me of the restaurants in england. every time the waiter comes to fill up your water or place your dish on the table, he'll mutter "thank you" instead of "pardon me" or something like that.

as in thank you for letting me reach my arm across the table. :)

annie said...

everyone loves a polite little child! : ) i think it's so cute.