I had a friend in town whose husband had to leave a position at the university due to a situation outside of his control. She is a letterpress printer and had found this line-o-scribe poster press and a mess of wood type, once owned by the university sign shop, at a surplus sale. They have relocated to an ivy league school in the northeast, and are having to move everything out of their house in town -- including the letterpress equipment, which they're trying to sell. Because I'd offered to help, I started the day by moving the seats out of the van to pack the press and cabinet and shift them to my office, where they'll stay until I can interest a friend or colleague in following my madness. (Actually, the press is comparatively light and adaptable for larger-format projects, and is being offered for a fantastic price -- any takers?)
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Saturday? Must be press moving day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment