Even though I was convinced that we'd have to go without this year, this afternoon brought our all-important Snow Day for the season. The children were ecstatic.

Gwendolyn was serious about her work: creating a Snow Person like last year. Her early attempts failed, but only because she and Linus decided that it would be more fun to break the snowballs with shovels and jump into the piles. By the time I returned home from work, the snow was very wet and heavy, and I found standing puddles all around the lawn (though it was still snowing, and was relatively cold). We worked on the recreation of Snowball for at least half an hour, picking up nearly as much mud as snow. I was amazed that I was able to roll the backbreaking torso-ball onto the base, but we got her fashioned, then spent some time decorating a very cute snowfigure. Unfortunately, just as Gwennie was snuggling up for her photo op, Snowball fell over (just as she had last year, though that wasn't until the following morning). Gwennie was crushed, though only figuratively.
I explained that while we didn't get to keep a picture of this year's Snowball, we were fortunate that we got to welcome her back to our yard again, and we'll surely see her next winter.

1 comment:
Sorry not to have seen a picture of Snowball, but it's great to think that the kids had a chance to make her at all. It's also nice to think of people who are glad to see snow. How would THAT be?
Post a Comment