Tuesday, December 29, 2009

wind down

On the last full day of our vacation, we simply wanted to spend as much time together as we could. Dad and I couldn't resist taking the press for a quick spin, but most of the rest of our time was devoted to talking, playing with the children, and recuperating from everything else we'd done. The recovery includes eating, which we took quite seriously on this trip (we capped off a string of good meals with a brie cooked in brioche). It would be hard to think of many more enjoyable experiences that we could pack into a week and a half -- at least while remaining at home.





Dad's game of Mega Structure, in which we used all the kids' blocks to make towers which we then demolished, may have better been called Mega Destructure


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the medieval garb! and can I get a recipe for that stew (which I am sure has a fancy name)? It looks amazing, and just what I need during these cold winter days.

Andrea said...

What fun--imaginary play with cool weapons (although when Dad asked if we wanted some, we had to say no. Our boys play too rough and I'm afraid wood, even sanded and with blunt ends, might cause injury.) and the Legendary Stew (we've heard how awesome it was!)