Sunday, July 19, 2009

grateful sunday

I'm taking a blog page out of the books of my Houston friends Leslie and Natalie. They've done Grateful Sunday posts for years and I've always loved those entries.


This week I'm grateful for:
  • the wonderful father that Todd is. He had the worst of the strep throat, the oral surgery and a big writing project taking up most of his free time. Every day he found plenty of time to play and read Harry Potter, talk about and manipulate Transformers, and read books about Lowly Worm over and over again. There's no question why these kids adore their daddy so very much.
  • modern medicine and health insurance. With strep throat making the rounds in our family, I'm so thankful that we were able to get into the doctors' offices for tests and antibiotics the same days each of us began feeling symptoms.
  • the bit of rain we got over the weekend! Even a half hour reprieve from the drought and heat was cause for much rejoicing.

1 comment:

Ian and Sarah said...

hello there. so glad to see pics of the reunion. i really miss you guys. sorry to hear about the strep. wish you the best recovery. thinking of all of you!