This morning we went to get bicycles out of the shed so we could go for a ride and what did we discover? Three homeless kittens romping about. They were promptly fed and watered and pet and adored. The mama cat (skinny and hungry but very sweet and friendly) showed up later. She is a very good mother.
Gwendolyn was excited beyond words, "I can't believe this happened to me today!" Funny thing, I had the exact same thought, but was dealing with emotions on the opposite end of the spectrum. I've since seen the blessings as the the kids have spent much of today outside with the cats playing, petting and building beds and play areas for them.
At bedtime, only one kitten and the mama cat were around, so we don't know what has happened to the other two babies, but tomorrow we plan to take the mama to the vet and get her scanned for a chip and properly looked over.
Unfortunately, we can't keep any of these cuties because we currently live with the grouchiest cat on the planet. Adding a kitten to the mix would not be good. Anyone interested?
Monday, June 15, 2009
as if Mason and the tadpoles weren't enough
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My children would have thought angels has smiled on them to find such a treasure. I wish we could take them all. I truly love kittens - they make my soul happy!
OMG.....Gwennie must have been in absolute heaven. The picture says it all. Yeah, as if just getting back in town wasn't enough.....Mom said you couldn't keep a kitten because "Mason would kill it." Too bad, they are so cute! Hope the other 2 come back!
they're adorable!
we've been in the market for a kitten for a year and a half--then when we finally decide to really go for it we have to wait until after our annual grand western tour. i guess an intercounty cat adoption would probably be too far anyway.
Oh! My kids would be in hog heaven finding them too! I wish we could take one too, but with two already, and a husband who is not a cat lover to begin with...kittens make anyone's day better though. :)
How precious! I love that last pic of the kitten. Glad that at least they're keeping your kids happy :)
Post a Comment