Monday, February 2, 2009

what goes on in that little red head

Linus, after a sugary breakfast, explains what he wants for a snack: “These little pokey seeds (uncooked/unsalted sunflower seeds), that’s all I’m hungry for, these healthy foods.”

As Linus helps Todd make pigs in blankets for dinner, he comments on the li’l smokies waiting to be blanketed: “These are pigs, but they’re cold and just busy begging for blankets.”

Linus seems to think the Pledge of Allegiance goes a little something like this:
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.
And to the republic of wicked sands . . .

After seeing Mama throw her breakfast doughnuts up (man, we are so not going to do that again), Linus says, “Maybe baby sister is coming out.”
After recovering (from the shock of the comment and from, you know, the vomit), Mama says, “But I don’t have a baby in my tummy, do I?”
Linus: “Yes . . . I mean no. Baby sister is still waiting in heaven. Is she watching our family?”

4 comments:

robyncreates said...

:) Love hearing Linus's comments. Don't you wish you could climb inside his head sometimes?

The Torres Family said...

It's so interesting to see how close these kids still are to the veil, huh? So it you have another baby and it's a boy, does that mean you will have another? Tee hee! Just wondering, 'cause that's what keeps going through my head for us...I know there's another waiting! I enjoyed having your kids over today...so did my kids. The only tiff I had was when Logan got angry and screamed that Casper had his toys...too funny and a first here. They just looked at me bewildered because I couldn't stop from laughing!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll be eating doughnuts for awhile either! ;) I love that picture. Where was it taken?

Heather Atchley said...

Hmmm, talks of "baby sister" and random barfing.....are you trying to tell us something?