Sunday, February 8, 2009

resident spitfire

Gwennie had an hour and a half freak out tonight. About a cd of primary songs. It was exhausting for all of us.

We have a large basket of cut up, sanded tree branches in the playroom and the children use them for building blocks, play food, etc. We call them "Rita Blocks" because they came from trees which were blown down during Hurricane Rita in 2005. We recently heard Gwendolyn refer to them as "Burrito Blocks".

Gwennie recently made up a song,"Oh, happy husband, happy husband, happy husband! Oh happy husband today!" But she can't tell us what makes the husband happy.


A note about this photograph: after we took the shot, Gwennie spent nearly an hour pulling berries off our holly bush and gluing them onto this pruned live oak branch.  (It was actually quite artistically done, and is now displayed on our kitchen table.)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh, I can relate to the drawn out freak outs!!!!:) That's why I was so glad when my #3 child was a boy, I figured less drama! He is hard that's for sure, but there's nothing quite like the drama of girls!!! I was never like that but I guess my daughter is making up for it!