Saturday, February 7, 2009

live oak

Our front yard is quite large and does not have a single tree it. We looked at our house on Google Earth, and we have the only treeless yard in the neighborhood (perhaps the entire town). But today, our yard has a tree. We planted a 15-foot live oak and we are very proud of it. It looks so good in our yard (and will on Google Earth), so we're really hoping that it lives.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I am glad you have a tree now! I am sorry to say that we actually had to CUT down 2 trees after we moved into our house (in Bryan). They were on the side of the house, pushing up against the roof, so we decided they should go. And also, tree roots can also get into your plumbing in the yard, so it will be many years before the roots will get big enough to cause you any problems:) The shade will be wonderful!

robyncreates said...

Yeah for trees. That is one thing I love about our house-the trees in the yard. Our last house didn't have any except one small lone one out front (not even as big as yours now) and so I loved the trees on this lot when we moved here!

Heather Atchley said...

Yay! Now your yard won't look so bare! It will be fun for the kids to watch it grow. It has been neat to watch our one tree in our front yard change over the last 5 years.

Anonymous said...

We've been contemplating an oak tree, I love them! But we've planted so many trees...and have been in our house 17! years so our trees are even looking quite mature! I've never lived anywhere 17 years! It's nice.
Once again, thanks for sharing...we love it all!