Monday, February 16, 2009

free food for dinner

The strangest thing happened to me today. I went to the grocery store with all three kids late this afternoon and as we approached the check-out lanes, the store manager approached me and pointing out a group of men in wranglers and cowboy hats who were standing nearby, asked if I had a few moments to speak with some representatives from a local agricultural association. I said yes and listened to a rancher talk about the low cost of food today and then I discussed with him the fact that this particular store actually buys a lot of locally produced meat and produce. They look my picture for their farmer newsletter. And then the cowboys and the store manager ushered me to a check-out counter and paid for my basket of groceries! I paid for the cat food and they paid for everything else. Blessed cowboys.

Last night Todd and I put in a bulk food order and went over what we had budgeted for it. Even though that overage cut into the rest of our grocery budget for the month, I was confident that everything would work out. My basket of groceries today was almost the exact amount of our food order overage. Mysterious ways.

6 comments:

Janine said...

What a testimony builder! That's so awesome. Thanks for sharing :)

prism said...

Wow! That is wonderful. Truly.

Heather Atchley said...

Wow, what a small blessing! I bet the kids enjoyed the cowboys!

Melissa said...

Aren't you amazed sometimes at the unexpected things that happen? I mean, that we are blessed with. Thanks for sharing.

Kristi said...

What a great experience you'll always remember! Its funny how somehow things work out like that!!! You must be living right!:))))

Angela said...

I love stories like that!