Linus: When I grow up, I'm going to have a big truck and lots of airplanes.
Mama: But I want you to stay little like this forever.
Linus: Why?
Mama: I'm afraid that when you grow up, you won't want to cuddle with me or give me kisses anymore.
Linus: I'll always cuddle with you, Mama.
(I'm trying to be more patient with the cuddling that takes place in the middle of the night while all five of us are piled into the same bed. I know it won't last forever and truly, there aren't sweeter faces to wake up to each morning.)
3 comments:
Yes, we were telling Lydia this morning she wasn't allowed to grow up. She told us she HAD to so she could drive. Drive?
It is a sad day when they get too big to snuggle. "Dot says these here are getting too big to cuddle".
So, is it ok to admit here that my grown children still snuggle? And I love it! Yes, even my boys. I like to think we snuggled them into adulthood :-)
It seemed like it would never end...and it hasn't but it has seriously tapered off.
My kids are serious cuddlers too, especially at night! I agree with you very much, it does take patience!
Post a Comment