Toffee arrived in February of this year in a Valentine package from our dear friends, the Farish family. In all honesty, I was trying to manipulate the lovey choice this time around and was pushing a toy alpaca named Carmel on Casper. It didn't take. Over the last couple of months, Casper has grown more and more attached to Toffee the dog. In fact, the other night, Toffee was unavailable at bedtime (because Casper threw him into the bathtub with Linus) and Casper whined and fussed, unable to fall asleep, until the still-damp Toffee was retrieved from the dryer. Casper cuddles Toffee up to his cheek while he sucks his thumb. So far, Casper only needs Toffee when it is time to go to sleep, but it will be fun to see how their relationship progresses.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
lovies, part three :: Toffee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jen and Todd, it's Rachel Harmon from BYU/London . . . I came across your blog via a post from Room Somewhere that talked about a Jen and Todd that did letterpress....and I read a few of the quotes and thought, "that must be THE Jen and Todd." And it is! Your kiddos are adorable! Sounds like you're doing well and having lots of fun. I still love reminiscing about London....what a trip! Good to check in with you!
Hmmm, there must be something about thumb sucking and putting soft stuff to your face. Phoebe has to have a corner of her blankie near her mouth and nose while she sucks her thumb.
My kids have lovies too, and I think it's so precious! But it does send me into a cold sweat thinking of what I'd do if someone's lovey was lost. :)
What sweet pictures!
Post a Comment