In the past 24 hours, Linus:
-- turned the hose on his brother, drenching poor little
-- spilled a container of cornmeal all over the kitchen floor.
-- emptied the bathroom soap dispenser all over the bathroom counter and then added water in an effort to “wash the counter”.
-- emptied the shavings from a pencil sharpener all over the living room rug.
-- turned on the kitchen sink sprayer and showered the counter, toaster and bread machine with water.
-- somehow managed to poop a little on the bathroom floor and then step in it, getting it everywhere.
-- got a hold of jar of diaper ointment and smeared it on the bathroom wall as a “surprise for Mama”.
-- drove our shopping cart into a store employee.
-- mysteriously left a pair of pants and a pair of underwear tucked under the Christmas tree skirt (which I discovered as I was cleaning up the hairball the cat left in front of the tree).
-- got mad at his sister and threatened to “cut our house down” (when I asked him where we would live, he retorted, “under a bridge!”)
-- spilled his bag of snacks all over the floor of the dance studio.
-- got out of bed 8 times tonight before finally settling into sleep.
In the past 24 hours,
-- had
-- pulled all the papers and files off my desk and joyfully spread them around.
-- took every item of finger food that was offered him and threw it onto my freshly mopped kitchen floor.
-- kept me up until 1.15 in the morning.
-- threw a wooden giraffe at Linus, bit Linus, ripped a book out of Linus’ hands, pulled Linus’ hair, fought with Linus over trucks and won.
-- sat on the cat.
-- managed to get around the Christmas tree baby blockade and tear more ornaments off the tree.
-- pulled the tablecloth halfway off the table, bringing the big kids’ art supplies tumbling down.
-- emptied the drawer of Tupperware lids all over the kitchen floor and the recycling bucket all over the laundry room floor.
10 comments:
I hear ya. They're at the "fun" age.
With three boys (albeit they are older than yours), we often sport the "lived-in" look. We usually can only take it day by day (sometimes hour by hour). We've got a hole in the wall, paint in the carpet, Legos lying in wait to injure the foot of the next passer-by, a multitude of fingerprints, paper airplanes, misplaced socks and globs of toothpaste in the sink (eww).
Thankfully, now, they are old enough to help with the chores (something to look forward to). But, you can't replace the cute faces, the biggest hugs or the days of innocence (even if those days are spent in tiffs with the other siblings).
I still don't always get sleep, but more than before. "How on earth...?" - with heaven's help, for certain.
:-)
there are always day like that. I often wonder how there are not holes in the wall and broken windows or broken bones. there was an ER trip after one fell (was pushed - with feet) into the coffee table.
I didn't sleep for almost 3 years, but now they are both great sleepers!!
Some days they are exhausting (like today and it's only 11:10 am!) But it's so worth it, don't you agree?
Oh. My.
Tell Linus you'll join him down under the bridge - no mopping there, I'm sure!
WOW! Sounds like some familiar days we have had over the years, but I have to say in our house it is B and A (not just the boys). Luckily, they both are out of MOST of those days. :) Good luck!
you know better than to ask those loaded questions!
love,
boy mom J
Please tell me this isn't a typical day for you. After all, I'm expecting my second boy.
It is funny to read this post after looking at the lovie posts. They are such sweet little devils! Hang in there!
My little girl sounds a lot like your little boys. I lose a bit of sanity every day.
It's hearing stories like this that make me feel better about my kids and any 'bad' days I may have. At least I haven't had such a *ahem* 'fun-filled' day like that.
Yes, yes! This is exactly right! My new book is about a mom with 3 boys, and reviews are starting to come in that reference the "wild and crazy" boys as if they are somehow particularly awful. But I'm like, "No. Just kids." It's not even comic exaggeration because kids ARE comic exaggeration. Like if this post were in a novel, a reviewer might say that it was too over the top... xoxo Miss you guys!
Post a Comment