Saturday, December 27, 2008

8 hour date

Granny and Grandad offered to watch the kids today, so Todd and I took off for over eight hours! Our day included:
A two hour drive to the temple.
Three hours in the temple.
A quick lunch at a sandwich shop.
A 30 minute drive on the highway before I realized that I'd left my purse at the sandwich shop.
A 30 minute drive back to the sandwich shop (where we found my purse, thankfully).
A two hour drive back home.

All in all, we had a great day, but for some reason, Granny and Grandad left for home as soon as we got back. And we miss them.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Cute picture of you guys!
But how frustrating!!! to leave your purse. That's the worst. I absolutely hate backtracking.

Heather Atchley said...

Hmmmm, most of it sounds like it was spent in the car though. Well, a date is a date and a day away is a good day! You are right about Granny and Grandad, their stamina is not like it used to be. Even Mom admits it. She says "I can't handle little babies the way I used to."

**our children are clearly not little babies anymore but either way they exhaust her! :)