Today, Linus climbed on the fridge to retrieve (and eat most of) his remaining Halloween candy. He then opened his bedroom window, took off the screen and ran around the front yard until I found him and dragged him back inside. At bedtime, he got up every 3 minutes for two straight hours, until he finally fell asleep. An hour later, he woke up crying because somehow, in his sleep, he hit his head hard enough to make it bleed. He makes us so tired.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
three is hard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I thought that your title meant that three CHILDREN are hard! NOW I get you -- a three-year old boy is hard. Yes indeed. (And there are people who claim that too much sugar doesn't really make a child hyper. Ha. He was even hyper in his sleep!) These stories are so much funnier when I am not the person telling them (ie: when they are not MY children.) Good luck.
I'm feeling better about two. But terrified about next year...
Hang in there!
I have an active boy, too. It gets better with time - but he'll always be active. {{hugs}}
I don't know how you stay so sane :) I think I would have lost it by now. I'm just grateful Anabelle hasn't figured out how to climb the fridge (since that's where her Halloween candy is too).
i thought this was going to be a "three kids!!!" post too. because my "three kids!" are leading me to mutter constantly "i'm so tired!". allianna is nearly three and often makes me think of that post you wrote LOATHING the age 2 3/4 . . . i wonder if 5 years old is going to be the turning point, because i already have things against 3 and 4.
Oh, little future Bear World employee... you have to stay safe now so you can grow up to take care of bears.
What a guy!
And what a mom!
Once Sophia has pretty much reached 2 1/2 she has become more of a pill and you aren't giving me high hopes for 3!
I'm laughing because I'm not his mama, but I'm also nodding my head in agreement... Three is more difficult than two. My three-year-old is the bedtime rebel right now. Ug.
your entry just makes me tired. Good luck!
Ahh...boys. If it makes it any easier, I think three-and-a-half actually gets better. But maybe it depends on the child. You guys are great parents (even though you're tired).
Post a Comment