We've been talking a lot about presidents here in our house lately and today Gwendolyn grew thoughtful.
Gwendolyn: Can a girl be President?
Mama: We've never had a female president in this country, but absolutely, yes, a woman can be president.
Gwendolyn, after thinking for a moment: I'm going to be President one day.
Mama: Well, I'd vote for you!
Gwendolyn: So would Daddy. And Granny and Grandad. And Grandma and Grandpa Sam. (And then she listed every other relative she could think of before turning to Linus.) Would you vote for me, Linus?
Linus: I'm going to be busy working at Bear World.
Gwendolyn: [opening a book studiously] I’m going to be the looker-upper.
Linus: Well, I’m going to be the looker-at-booker.
Gwendolyn: No, I’m going to be the looker.
Linus: Then I’ll be the checker-outer.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
ambitions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It's so cute how kids view politics...in our home, Ben took a poll the night before the election, and the results were Obama - 3, McCain - 2. After the election was over, Ben said to me very sternly, "I bet you wish you voted for Rock Bama now, right Mommy?" :)
Bear World, here you come, Linus! That sounds like a fun place too.
i'd probably vote for gwendolyn too! like you, i'm happy to finally have the person i voted for actually win--it's surreal!
Being busy at Bear World sounds great! I want a job there!
Brothers.
Post a Comment