I made it to Neil! Linus ran a high fever on Tuesday, a mild fever on Wednesday and no fever today, so I packed up the kids and rushed them to Dallas this morning so I could see Neil tonight. And it was awesome. I love Neil Diamond and this was the 5th time I've seen him in concert. Again, it was awesome. Even at 68 years old, he is still so smooth. He was on stage for two straight hours -- what a performer! My sisters and I treated our dad to the show for his birthday and it was great to spend the evening with some of my favorite people.
For interested parties, here's the playlist:
Holly Holy
Beautiful Noise
Kentucky Woman
Love on the Rocks
Play Me
Cherry, Cherry
Thank the Lord for the Nighttime
Home Before Dark
Don't Go There
Pretty Amazing Grace
Crunchy Granola Suite
Done Too Soon
Brooklyn Roads
I am, I said
Solitary Man
Forever in Blue Jeans
Sweet Caroline
You Don't Buy Me Flowers
I'm a Believer
Man of Faith
Hell, Yeah
encore:
Cracklin Rose
America
Brother Love's Travellin' Salvation Show.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
neil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So glad you got to go! The concert sounds like it was great! How do you find out about them? R and I would both love to go sometime.
YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you had a good time :)
Make me weak in the knees!!!! I am so jealous!!! My nephew is getting married the day Neil will be in SLC so we won't be able to go. Thanks for the playlist details--now I can do my best to recreate the concert to console myself. Neil is super hot in concert(I hope he was wearing sequins). Seeing him in concert always makes me wish that I had been born in Kentucky. At least you have claim to September Morn.
I am glad that you were able to go and that your little ones are feeling better.
--Weez
Yay! Crunchy Granola Suite? I say SWEET!
I think this is a good time to admit that when Riley was a newborn, Neil *always* calmed her down.
Post a Comment