Thursday, September 25, 2008

gnome home

I took the children to a nearby park to search for acorn caps, where we found a tree with a hollow opening and a large toadstool at the base. Gwendolyn and Linus were convinced that this was the entrance to the home of a forest gnome. Gwendolyn sent the rest of us away and spent a long time talking to the little gnome before she joined us in our acorn search. We later found a similar tree (but with cobwebs instead of toadstools) that the children decided was the home of an old troll. We're still looking for fairy houses.

4 comments:

prism said...

Your kids have such wonderful imaginations. I'm almost jealous. ;-)

Erin said...

Ooh ... I hope you can catch the gnome at home next time!

Janine said...

Your kids are so precious and you are so wonderful to record all of their precious sayings.

Heather Atchley said...

Hey, I would have believed it was a gnomes home too! With the mushroom and all that---what a great find!