Saturday, May 3, 2008

three

Three! Linus, my sweet angel boy, I can’t believe you are so old! Just six months ago, there was so much baby still in your looks and actions, but that is all gone now. There is no denying what a big, big kid you are.

You have such a tender, caring heart and love your family so much. You are truly the most affectionate child I’ve ever known. You often randomly give hugs or kisses or a kind word to members of your family (though less often to Casper). A couple of weeks ago, you decided that from now on, Mama would no longer get kisses on the lips, but only on the head. Thankfully, that has passed, because I was heartbroken. You often talk about family members who are far from us, who you love: Granny and Grandad, Grandma and Grandpa Sam, Nana (you often pretend to be Nana -- last week when we had to drive Daddy to the local airport, you got so excited because you thought we were going there to pick up Nana), your aunties and uncles and cousins and friends.

You love trucks and trains and bikes and tractors and tools. You are ALL boy. Anything with wheels will captivate you (currently, you are asleep in bed with your new toy truck and tractor). Tools, especially Daddy’s, fascinate you. Anytime Daddy is working in his press room, or in the shed, you rush to get your shoes on and then are right there by his side.

You also love to help me around the house. This includes taking the vacuum apart, washing (playing in the water) in the kitchen or bathroom, and dusting with the feather duster. If there is a tool or prop included in the cleaning, you’re in. If we’re just picking up toys and books, you aren’t so interested.

But you do love to help cook and bake, and eat! I swear that I feed you all day long, but you approach food with such a passion that it seems I’ve starved you. Many meals, you eat more than I do, and there are very few foods you will refuse.

I sense that your spirit is still very close to your Father in Heaven. You love to pray and have the sweetest little “spiritual voice.” You are often the one to remember your personal prayers, and you love Nursery and reading the scriptures, even though you don’t quite grasp most of the stories.

Linus, you are a joy to have in our home and in our family. You brighten my day, every single day. I love you, my sweet, big, three-year-old baby boy!

4 comments:

Kaylene said...

What a sweet post to your son, you should make sure to print this and tuck it away with your memories for him. I still see the little baby in the back seat when we went visiting teaching. What a yummy looking cake! Care to share the recipe?

Melissa said...

Much of what I had to say was already said. What beautiful words to Linus. I hope he will read them some day. He is so cute. Do you think he will let me get loves from him? He never really warmed up to me the last time we were together (too short).
I was craving picnic cake yesterday. That picture doesn't help!

Jill said...

Jen, this tribute brought tears to my eyes. What a special boy you have. What a special thing to have written about him in this way. We love you guys.

emily said...

Beautiful! I've been noticing in your photos how much he's looking like a big boy, with the babyface fading. Very cute, though!