Was it just yesterday that I was writing about how sweet Linus is? Because today, while I was at a meeting, sitting at a table with 4 other women, he ran up and declared, “There’s the stupid mama!”
To keep children entertained during the meeting, I brought along a small box full of pretty rocks, seashells and little wooden figures. Gwendolyn was appalled that I allowed some 18-24 month olds to play with the box: “But Mama, those are choking hazards!”
While Gwendolyn sat and talked with me, I lovingly tapped her on the nose with my finger and she responded, “You stink, Mama.” After a curious look from me, she continued, “I mean, your fingers stink.” And indeed, they smelled exactly like the clementines I had just peeled for her and Linus.
While making Valentines at the table, Gwendolyn took some scissors and cut a chunk out of Linus’s hair. Thankfully, it was such a small chunk that while it was on the top of his head, his hair is thick and it isn’t that noticeable.
Tonight, we gave the kids a treat, ice cream with heart-shaped sprinkles. Linus wasn’t terribly interested and decided to get into his sleepers before dessert, only to discover that his sister had eaten almost all of his ice cream for him. (She really loves ice cream; I imagine that having an additional bowl on the table next to her was quite a temptation.) She sounded truly remorseful as she explained, “I tried really hard, but I just couldn’t help it! Look, I gave him almost all of my melted ice cream."

2 comments:
thanks for the laughs!! ollie just discovered the "stupid' word too. Yesterday I was a "stupid" mama as well!!! ha! : ) great stories. thanks for sharing!!
I have that problem with ice cream too.
Post a Comment