Friday, December 19, 2014

she decides


Margaret: [scolding her nursery comrades] When your moms come they’re going to be angry at you guys for not cleaning up to this song! [being played with a musical toy she found]


M: [freaking out]  I wanted to watch Totoro, but Casper said no!
Jennifer: [consolingly] Who gets to decide – Casper or Daddy?
M: I do!


M: Wait, I need my shiny nose! [this is Greta's Rudolph costume]


M: I want to touch my butterflies [hanging above her bed]. I can! I’m tall enough! I will be very gentle.


Jennifer's friend Brannon (of Happy Cactus Designs, in Austin) began offering charming handmade Christmas ornaments in various styles. Since we traditionally acquire a birthyear ornament for each of the kids (and since the mass-market offerings are not very personal), we were delighted to find that Brannon could make a custom ornament for Simon.  We love what she made, and were touched that she insisted that we allow her to send it as a gift for him.  I think that it matches the decor of our tree wonderfully, and we're sure that Simon will treasure it.


No comments: