Sunday, May 25, 2014
place of employment
Another of the meaningful aspects of my parents' visit this week is the connection they've been able to build with the girls. Grandma, in particular, developed a great relationship with Gwennie -- and with Greta, who can be a little aloof with visitors. It wasn't just the doughnuts and movies, whatever Mom would say -- they had really involved conversations while Dad and I were running the Workshop late. It will be hard to see them go back to Idaho.
Margaret: You go to work, Daddy?
Todd: No, Greta, it's Sunday -- we're going to church.
M: I not go to church.
T: No? Where are you going?
M: I go to work!
T: Where do you work?
M: I go in Mama's car . . . and I go in Daddy's car . . .
T: But where do you take the car to work?
M: Uh . . . I work at . . . karate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment