Casper's been working on a loose tooth for a while now. Since it's the first time he's lost one, he's been entirely preoccupied by the process. He's always got his hand in his mouth, worrying that incisor. Fortunately, it came out pretty painlessly -- now he's only concerned about how long it's going to take for the Tooth Fairy to visit.
(Note: the Tooth Fairy, for reasons of tradition, brings each of the children a silver dollar and a little lesser change for each of their lost teeth. Casper's been singleminded in his focus on that silver dollar. A few nights ago, I found out why: apparently one of his siblings told him that coin is rare, and worth about twenty dollars when traded in. Casper has since been calculating the value of his mouth. I had to let him down gently about the market value of his projected booty, but he's got such an upbeat disposition that I really don't think it bothered him.)



No comments:
Post a Comment