Wednesday, January 22, 2014

snow baby


Margaret: I like you shirt.  I like you pants.  I like you leggings, Mama.  I like you hair.
Jennifer: You know what I like, Greta?
M: What?
J: I like when you sleep.
M: I not asleep, Mama.

M: I finished my lemon.
J: Was it yummy?
M: It was a-licious!

Daddy: I know what would make you feel better: blackberries!
M: No. . . .
D: What do you want, then?
M: I want keep crying.


D: Did you have breakfast, Greta?
M: I had honey buzzers, and I drank milk in my mouth.

J: Are you hungry?
M: No, I nursey.

M: You amazing, Mama!



M: Daddy's friends nice . . . [pause]. I can't like Daddy's friends.
J: Why not? Aren't they nice?
M: I want them go home.
J: Why?
M: I want Daddy.

M: Okay . . . I guess.

Greta's new favorite lovey is part of our kitchen toy set, a fabric vegetable which Greta calls her "little little leek."

Is Casper playing air guitar there in the background?

J: Did Livie's Mama change your diaper while you were playing at her house?
M: Yes. [clearly lying]
J: Who else's diaper did she change?
M: Casper's diaper . . . Linus's diaper . . . Gwennie's diaper.
J: They don't wear diapers, do they?
M: Yes!
J: Does Linus wear a diaper?
M: Yes!
J: Are you sure?
M: Yes -- he has a bum . . . and an elephant!

M: Okay, okay, okay, Gwennie, calm down.  Livie's my friend.

M: I need my bouncy ball -- it's falling in lava!

(It is possible to see Greta's snowball in front of Casper's right ankle.) 

M: Don't worry, Tito -- I will help you better.  Don't feel bad.

J: I'm sorry that Daddy has to leave and go to work.
M: [patting Jennifer's arm] Don't worry, Mama. He be back soon. Here's some ice cream [a felt-covered ball in a toy cup], that help you feel better.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did she come up with the elephant comment herself, or is that family slang?