Thursday, January 16, 2014
chatterbox
Jennifer: Margaret, come and look at this goat.
M: That's not a goat -- it's a sheep!
J: You're right -- that is a sheep.
M: Green smoothies make me happy. [And later, waiting patiently at her seat at the table, while no one is planning on making anything for breakfast, which was two hours earlier]: I'm ready for my green smoothie!
M: Daddy, you stole my kitty cat!
M: I can't like that cup -- that cup not make me happy.
Greta likes a pair of sleepers she inherited from her brother Casper. They have blue and white horizontal stripes, and have a picture of a monkey on the front. She likes to talk about the monkey, but doesn't like being confused with him ("Hey, I not a monkey!"). This morning, she explained to me that "the monkey's eating his ba-na-na -- when he finishes his ba-na-na, he says, 'ooh ooh ah ah.'" (n.b.: Margaret pronounces "banana" with the stress on the first syllable and the vowel sounds switched.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment