Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Mr. Apology
Casper is at an age at which he has a difficult time listening to directives from his parents. (Some of this, certainly, is also personality; for that matter, much of it is no doubt a failing on our part.) We often have exchanges that end with us exploding at him for having neglected to feed the cats or get in his sleepers after we've asked for the fourth time (although he always begins by heading in the proper direction, is it his fault that he gets sidetracked with more interesting projects?). Recently, this has led to him apologizing, quite sincerely, when he senses that we've asked him to do something that he just can't quite recall. For example:
Mama: "Casper!"
Casper: "I'm sorry, Mama!"
Mama: "Why are you sorry?"
Casper [guessing]: "Because . . . I'm not dressed for the day?"
Mama: "Actually, I was just asking what you wanted for breakfast."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment