Tuesday, July 23, 2013

delectability of deliciousness


You can't accuse this boy of not enjoying his food.  He is, by nature, a hand-eater (meaning that we often have to remind him to use his utensils), but it may be the fact that he enjoys the tactile qualities of his meals as much as their taste.  Or maybe he just doesn't mind wearing his lunch.

(Incidentally, at a recent church function, I saw our Bishop eating a cupcake by tearing it in half  and putting the frosting in the center of the cake.  I found this pretty revolutionary -- the fact that I've lived forty years on this planet and never discovered this solution to the inherent flaw of the cupcake, which is that it's the wrong shape for human mouths, leaving frosting to inevitably smear all over your mouth -- and discovered that I'm not the only person to feel this way.  I attended a party for a colleague this afternoon, and when I tried the trick for the first time, another friend yelled "whoa" from across the room, shutting down any number of sober and academic conversations and leaving me to proselytize for the approach.)

No comments: