
Sadly, we realized that today was the kids' favorite holiday -- Pranksters' Day! -- only halfway through the morning. We debated postponing our celebration before stumbling upon a masterstroke of pranksterism: a practical joke played on a wholly unsuspecting and innocent victim. What was this tour de force, you ask? We decided to give Greta her first taste of solid food, and to do it on film.
The photos that follow document her reaction, one which isn't too surprising. If anyone remembers Casper's first taste of food, you'll note that Margaret's response is pretty similar.
This may actually be my favorite shot of the series. There's something about her expression, turning away from Jennifer, and the desperation of her eyes that speaks to a profound shift in her world. She has just been introduced to betrayal (in the form of mashed banana and pureed sweet potato). Now she knows that it's an unforgiving world.
Fortunately for all of us, babies are resilient, and she bounces back quickly (in no longer than it takes to spit out the baby food). I think she's forgiven us, largely.
The other main prank of the day was the classic rubber-band-around-the-sink-nozzle. It worked on all three children, but they thought it was such a good idea that they kept staging it throughout the day, after we'd stopped paying attention. It got each of us once -- or, in Jen's case, multiple times.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Pranksters ahoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is one holiday my kids have never gotten in to...I tried once, it was such a disaster I never did again....what fun!
We totally did the baby thing, but we were much meaner, we gave him a lemon. Posting pics now.
That was always my favorite "trick." Andrea set it up one April Fools Day, and when I got squirted early in the day, I really laughed. I kept it set up until I saw EVERYONE squirted. At one point or other, everyone did, except . . . YOUR HUSBAND! Todd never did get caught. Or was it that he never washed his hands or got a drink of water? Whatever: while I was waiting for him to fall, I kept forgetting it and got swashed about 20 times! I still think it's funny.
Post a Comment