Wednesday, April 18, 2012

lemonade? you're my best friend


Lemonade day is approaching, and we've been doing our best to get ready.  To those who may not know (or have it in their community), lemonade day is a program in which children are encouraged to learn about entrepreneurial matters by planning lemonade stands and dealing with the purchase of supplies, planning and promotion, sharing profits, and suchlike.  (Even though the official lemonade day is on a Sunday, we've gotten permission from the city to hold ours the day earlier.)  We'll be serving fresh-squeezed lemonade with an assortment of fruit syrups and some baked goods -- and dancing around at the corner of a busy street with signs.  Come by!
 



2 comments:

Laura S. said...

Ooh, I never thought to add fruit syrups, we'll have to try that! We have a whole gallon sized ziplock bag of fresh squeezed lemon juice cubes, courtesy of my grandparent's tree in California. I have to say, there's nothing better than fresh squeezed lemonade.

Melissa said...

"I promise I will never hurt you."
I want some lemonade!