
The children insisted that I take them on a bike ride the other day. This doesn't mean that I ride along with them -- my bike's in the shop, sort of like the Simpsons' waffle iron -- so I just run along until we get to the end of our street. There, a generally-deserted Elks Lodge provides a fine spot for negotiating narrow spaces (Gwennie) or taking wide turns (Linus).
Linee really has become more interested in his bike, and I'm sure that it's entirely my fault that he's still having to ride with those training wheels. In my defense, they've fallen so far out of position that I don't know that they provide much support to him; he may as well be riding free and easy.


In no time he'll be giving her a run for her money.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
freewheelin'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment