Sunday, November 13, 2011

blessing

Today Todd blessed our sweet baby Margaret. I'm thankful for the balmy November day we had so she could wear the blessing gown that Gwendolyn and I each wore as infants. My mother bought it when I was a baby, and it is such a dainty little thing, with tiny buttons and a slip. I love it and hope it holds up for any future granddaughters who may want to use it.

The blanket she is lying on (a soft flannel with a delicate crocheted trim) was made for the occasion by my mama. I love that she had these heirlooms on her special day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one beautiful child!! (Not that we were expecting anything less!)
Please, do tell about the dress she's wearing.....mamaferrin@gmail.com
Congratulations again :)
The Ferrins love y'all!

Heather Atchley said...

LOVE that second photo!!! I wanna kiss her!

Melissa said...

I love that sweet dress AND that sweet baby! You do owe me a picture of her in her booties,though.