Margaret (also to be known as Greta) was born at 12.24 the morning after her mother's birthday. Jen had initially hoped that she would come on the 27th, but I think it surely says something about her personality that she held out for her own day of celebration. She had some difficulties as she was born -- the cord was wrapped around her neck and she had swallowed some gunk, making respiration difficult. But our attentive and competent midwives got her settled and before many minutes had passed, her color was good and she was comfortable.
Every sport has its spectators who are particularly interested in statistics, and for those of you, she weighed 8 pounds, 9.5 ounces, and is 21 inches long. She looks a great deal like her sister, with the exception of a surprising shock of dark hair (which none of her siblings had anything like). Here are a couple of birthday portraits:
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Margaret Anise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Ha! Yeah, Todd, you do look more tired than Jenn in the photo! She looks wonderful and so pretty. I CANNOT wait to hold her and see her!!! Love the kids family photo. :D
Mazel Tov! What a beautiful baby. Congrats to all. And Jen, you are my superhero.
Luann
She is so beautiful! What a beautiful family! Love you all and wish that we can meet her soon.
Oh my, she is perfect! Welcome little one!
What a beautiful babe! Jen, you look radiant! I think home birth will be the only way for me next time around. I love the family picture as well.
emily nolte
Oh, she is beautiful! Congrats. I suppose I should have read this post first before I commented earlier. As fun as it is to share a birthday, I'm sure Great will enjoy having her own day. I'm glad everything turned out well in the end.
She's beautiful! What wonderful pictures! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing!
Congrats! She is gorgeous! Can't wait to see her.
Could there be anything sweeter than a newly born baby? And your Margaret is particularly sweet. Congrats to both of you.....and the excited siblings, too.
Welcome, welcome baby girl!
We're so thrilled for your family!!!
I think she was waiting for my 26th anniversary :)
Love, The Ferrins
Post a Comment