We celebrated half of Casper's birthday on Saturday, when we had a little more time to spend on some of the activities he'd planned (like his breakfast waffles). We also gave him the last couple of presents we'd kept in reserve -- his first big boy bike (with the training wheels from Gwennie's SeaStar; unfortunately, they don't fit well, and we'll probably have to get a larger set for stability) and his first big boy Transformer (more on this later, no doubt).
We'd also convinced him that it would be all right to wait until today for his birthday cake. I'd remembered a cake that some friends in Wisconsin used to make for me, ho-ho cake, and thought that its mixture of goopiness and trashiness would appeal to Casper (don't get me wrong -- I think the stuff's delicious, too, and it fits perfectly with my Hostess obsession). As you can surmise from the following pictures, it was a pretty easy hit with him.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
let's all have some cake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Nice! Using Caspers birthday as an excuse to indulge in your Hostess weakness. Glad he loved it. Dare I ask what is in the middle? Marshmellow creme?
You may have to share that recipe. Richard's birthday is coming up soon and I know how he feels about trashy, gooey, Hostess-esque desserts... I mean it's probably not as easy as BC Rainbow Chip cake, but hey -it's chocolate. Happy Birthday Casper! ( I do like that mustache he's got going there as well).
Oh my gosh....WHAT kind of cake was this? I need details!
Post a Comment