Thursday, July 7, 2011

what day is today, it's Daddy's birthday

The children surprised me for my birthday by coming to the Library and taking me to lunch and then for a friendly trip to the bowling alley. It was nice to be spirited away by such happy abductors. After my last few hours at work, I returned home to find that Gwennie and the others had produced a treasure map, complete with a quill (actually a pencil with a feather taped to the base), which I followed to my present.

(The map shows a trail leading from a segment of the house, out to the front patio, around some potted plants and under the trampoline, across the lawn to the shed and the sandbox where the pirates buried my present in Linus's treasure chest. Incidentally, Gwennie's self-created cursive at the bottom right reads, "I stol your presint!!! Are Are Are" -- the last being, of course, what any band of swarthy pirates would say.)

3 comments:

Heather Atchley said...

Gwennie looks so pretty and mature in that photo. Oh yeah, and Happy Belated Birthday Todd!

Laura S. said...

Love the map. "Are Are Are!" ha ha, Happy birthday Todd, even if it's a little late.

Shauna-mama-gramma Sam said...

Magnificent map! I could have followed it easily! X marks the spot. Good job Gwennie and boys!