Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I am the Lorax

Casper recently got a shirt with the caption, "I'm a great catch!" When I mentioned it to him, he said, "You're a great genius, Daddy!"

When she was here at Christmas, Elisabeth introduced us to Rifftrax, the movie-commentary site run by veterans of MST3K. I decided to show Gwennie and Linus the highlights of the second Harry Potter movie with the Rifftrax commentary, and they have started to incorporate some of the jokes into their play. Their favorite moment may be when Filch, finding Mrs. Norris paralyzed and Harry apparently to blame, says, "You've murdered my cat!" -- and the wiseacreing commentaters say, "You shall become my new cat!" Well, even Casper has gotten in on the game, even though he didn't see the clip and doesn't have any context for the joke. As he spilled half his dinner down his front tonight, he turned to me and said, "You have ruined my shirt. You will become my new shirt!"

No comments: