Tuesday, August 24, 2010

presswork

I'll have to post some action shots later, but one of the activities of last Saturday was to set and print these posters for the children's bedroom doors. (I think that the older two will add color to the image of the eagle and of the rabbit so that they match the value of the bold wood type.) We all had a great time -- Gwennie, who loves intricate creative projects; Linus, who is fascinated by machinery; and Casper, who loves to be involved in the things that his older siblings get to do. I'll never try this with three children and no assistance again, though: there's simply too much setup and cleanup. (Better to leave unsaid the accident -- in the potty training sense of the word -- which occurred on my pressroom floor).

4 comments:

robyncreates said...

They look great though! We got to see the actual press that the Book of Mormon was printed on in the church museum in SLC this summer. Cameronn loved it!

Melissa said...

brave, brave, Todd.

Heather Atchley said...

Looks great and fun!! I can only imagine how it must have been on your own. Imagine this....I once had all five of them (adding my 2) BY MYSELF at Going Bonkers. I managed to get them through lunch, the arcade, cashing in the tickets and getting prizes. Again, all alone. Sophia only got lost once. I think, however, that the experience took a year off my life.

Anonymous said...

Love it.

Who's "Dolyn"? :)

--El Jefe

P.S.--Word verification? "Supsym".