Sunday, August 1, 2010

grateful sunday

This week I am thankful for:

  • My health, which has been questionable lately (and also provides my excuse for the lack of recent blog posts). I've had a few good days recently and I'm so grateful.
  • The rain we got this week. It seems I mention being grateful for rain every time we get a drop, but I really am.
  • Good neighbors. Our little house is surrounded by some really good people. I'm thankful to know them and for the ways in which they touch my life.
  • The wonderful teachers my children have at church. Linus's teacher is moving in a couple of weeks, and he's brokenhearted. (Linus is pretty sad about it, too. He came to Todd at the end of church last week and said, "Daddy, the saddest thing happened today -- Brother Farrer is moving in three weeks!") Casper still talks about and misses his teachers, who moved away weeks ago. I know my kids are loved and cared for in their classes. What a blessing.
  • Knitting. I love this craft. I started a new project this weekend and it feels good to get my hands in wool again -- it's been a while. It also reminds me of my awesome Boston friend, TGL. She rocks.
  • My sister Tiffany and all the good, happy things going on in her life. She rocks, too.

2 comments:

TGL said...

Oh, gosh, I'm blushing. And grateful for you too. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Kristi said...

Hi Jenn, it was fun to see Judy. Glad to hear you are hanging in there. Hope you have more days of feeling good! Its always sad when good people move away. That happens a lot in your ward and everywhere right now with people's job situations, etc. Take care!