Wednesday, July 7, 2010

37

My sweetie is 37 today. We had a really fun day with him. He took the afternoon off of work, and we told him that we'd do whatever he chose (for once) -- so we ended up going to a matinee of Toy Story 3. (Actually, the children "planned" this as a surprise for him.) After I bought him a kebab, we all headed over to the cinema for the movie. (Casper told us yesterday that he is a particular fan of "Buzz Light Beer").

The kids relished giving him their presents (assorted books, a handmade bookmark, and a beautifully wrapped paperclip!), then we went outside to take a whack at Gwendolyn's homemade pinata (created with layers of wet toilet paper and filled with confetti and a single piece of candy from her stash).

Todd made an amazing birthday dinner for himself (pasta with leek and sausage ragu, the usual garlic bread), but had to rush off to a church meeting before he could sit down to enjoy it. We're going to keep the celebrations coming for the next couple of days. I think we have to, since the (German chocolate) cake isn't even iced yet.

Not as good as Jeff's action shot from Todd's last birthday pinata, but two years makes a tradition!

This birthday has also spawned some funny comments around the house:

Gwendolyn: How old will Daddy be on his birthday?
Mama: 37.
Gwendolyn: 37! Whoa, he's almost 40! I thought he was turning 63.

2 comments:

robyncreates said...

Oh! We didn't know it was his bday today! I wish I had known, although I don't know what I would have done. :) Tell him tks for today and Happy Bday. Love the pinata and bkmark!! :)

Heather Atchley said...

Oh my! Gwennie must think he will be near death when he does turn 40! The pinata is cute and sweet.