Thursday, January 28, 2010
interview
I'd been working toward today for the past two years. Since I joined the library, I have been attempting to join the faculty as a tenure track professor. Despite my doctorate, I do not have the terminal degree for the profession, so after managing to get the credential last summer, I've been waiting for a new position (Curator of Rare Books and Manuscripts) to be posted. (Considering the rate of institutional time, I consider the half year to be relatively speedy.)
My day consisted of a formal presentation before the full faculty and staff, and then led through a series of additional interviews before various groups (including my colleagues at the library, the search committee, and the Dean). I feel that it all went really well, and look forward to hearing about the outcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
We're so glad your interview went well. It sounds like quite the formal and involved interview process! No sitting down and chatting with the boss for a half hour for your interview, huh?
That press is gorgeous!
I would've loved being a fly on the wall during your presentation!
I must admit my first thought to your picture was "Todd has his beard back! All is right in the world." But then I read the caption that it was from last year.... Good luck on the other stuff too I suppose. :)
Post a Comment