Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Where's Lowly Worm?

Like the Kids in the Hall sketch where Bruce McCulloch is prompted by his boss to say only four phrases (Good morning fellas; Hand me that thing; Boy, this work's hard; Guys, break's over), Casper has four responses which he uses in all sorts of situations. No matter what the scenario, he delivers them with enthusiasm: I do it! Yeah! Good! No fair!

So if, for example, he wakes up at 6 a.m. and we remind him that he doesn't get up until Daddy's alarm goes off, he may respond (repeatedly), "No fair!" But if we try to help him out of his crib at 7, he will say, "I do it!" When Mama checks on him during quiet time and he hasn't slept but wants to get up, he says, "Daddy's clock beep beep, Mama!" But when Daddy asks him how his nap was, he says, "Good!"

A dialogue on having some La Croix with my dinner:
Gwennie: Can I have some bubbly water?
Casper: Bubbly water, too, Mama!
Mama: You don’t like bubbly water, Casper.
Casper, with much indignation: Bubbly water my favorite, Mama!

Casper: Fireman!
Mama: Casper, what do firemen do?
Casper: Um . . . play!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave: There have been some complaints about your use of language on the docks.

Bruce: If this is about yesterday, sir, yes I did use a few blue words, a few cuss words, but as soon as I ascertained that the mix up had been corrected --

Dave: Noo, Williams, it's not your swearing that I'm getting complaints about; it's the fact that use the word "ascertain" too much.

Bruce: Really?

Dave: Yes, apparently you use it an average of two to three- hundred times, daily.

Sorry for the large quotes; I just had to respond to the Kids in the Hall reference.

With that said, I ascertained from this post that Casper is getting cuter by the minute. No fair.

--Jefe

Heather Atchley said...

What a cutie boy! How fun when the personality shines.