Friday, January 16, 2009

first haircuts

Thinking that it can't be that hard to give a decent haircut, I bought a how-to book and since then, I've been giving quite a few trims -- Linus, Gwennie (which was a collaboration with Todd), Casper (who's cut needs some work since he isn't very good at sitting still) and tonight, Todd (my best haircut yet -- he's very good at sitting still). The cuts aren't perfect, they took longer than expected, and Gwennie's is shorter that we'd planned, but I think everyone looks pretty good. I've got plenty of years of practice ahead of me.

2 comments:

prism said...

Even though sometimes it's a paint to *have* to do it myself, we've saved a TON of money over the years by me cutting everyone's hair (except mine - that didn't work out so well).

When I finally had to buy new clippers for $60 for good ones (we have really thick hair), they paid for themselves after 1 month, really.

I am not trained, either - a book sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll check the library.

robyncreates said...

They all look great! I cut all of ours too-except Addi has not had a haircut yet still. I have even cut mine several times before (depends on the style and money available...as well as finding someone I like that cuts it.) I've never thought about getting a book though-great idea! I'll have to look into that one.