Thursday, December 25, 2008

merry, merry

When I tucked Gwendolyn into bed tonight, she began to cry and told me that she was sad because Christmas was over. In away, I right there with her. Today was a perfect day and I want it to last forever. Granny and Grandad are here, which makes me so happy -- it's been a few years since we've had them here for Christmas. We had cheerful kids and happy recipients on our round of morning deliveries. We had so many new trucks and tools enter our home today that I truly believe today to be Linus' happiest day ever. Casper was so excited about all the unwrapping going on that I'm only a little surprised by his three+ hour nap this afternoon. I love that the magic of Christmas (and Santa) is still so alive for Gwendolyn and that she wanted to spend all afternoon crafting. Todd got an extra long nap and a day without any manual labor (I fear that he'll be spending much of next week constructing the playhouse that Santa brought). I'm thankful for the Savior and that we have an entire season to celebrate his birth. Today was perfect.

1 comment:

Heather Atchley said...

Ooohhhh, I saw the big truck Casper was playing with...what fun! I bet the kids are in heaven! Maybe we can come the the Fourth of July again and enjoy the clubhouse with ya!