Thursday, November 27, 2008

thanksgiving in the pelican state

We headed to my Aunt Janie's home in Louisiana for the Thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving is a little blurry for me because during the drive on Wednesday night, I started throwing up in the van (and continued throwing up through the night. Gwendolyn joined in the fun, too). I stayed in bed most of Thursday but the kids had a fun day, running around outside and fishing in my aunt's pond, playing with cousins and watching Wall-E. I roused myself for late afternoon family pictures and ate a single dinner roll for my Thanksgiving dinner.

4 comments:

The Torres Family said...

Blech! What a Thanksgiving for you. Alexa also got sick right before we left so something's running around. We were praying and hoping for the rest of our family to stay healthy the whole weekend. Hopefully you got a little bit of fun in N.O. before you left. What a great picture of your children! Can't wait to see you guys!

Emma said...

great picture. I'm sorry you were so sick.

robyncreates said...

Yuch! So sorry! Love all your pics though!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, Thanksgiving is the worst day ever to get the stomach flu! Sounds like the rest of your trip was fun though.