Thursday, November 13, 2008

sweet angel girl

I had such a good day with Gwendolyn yesterday. Kids go through phases when all is balance, and then they have stages when all is turmoil and chaos. Gwendolyn is in a very good place right now and I'm enjoying her so much. She helped me make banana bread. While I was on the phone, she surprised me by folding a load of laundry that was waiting for me (and she did a pretty good job). In the afternoon, we got out her spool knitting (which has frustrated her in the past) and she caught right on and excitedly "knit" for nearly an hour. She "babysat" Casper while I rolled the trash can to the street and to make him happy, filled up the tractor he was holding with Cheerios. Also, isn't she beautiful?

6 comments:

Shauna-mama-gramma Sam said...

Beautiful in so many ways. I'm going to run off a copy of this picture and put it up next to the one I have of Linus (right by my computer, so that I can smile when I come to compute.)

lyn said...

how nice. she is beautiful!

Erin said...

What a beautiful day & a beautiful memory.

Kathryn said...

Yes, she is absolutely beautiful.
I can't wait 'til my daughter can fold laundry.

Anonymous said...

You're so wise to enjoy these precious moments! When I was a young teenager, my great-great grandmother said to me,"be careful how you life because when you're old like me, all you have is your memories." It made such an impression on me that I have really focused on "making memories" and as my children are growing, leaving home, getting married, etc. I am SO thankful for the many, many sweet memories we have. You're darling parents!

Heather Atchley said...

Sweet pictures of her. I am starting to enjoy Sophia being able to get Phoebe's blanket, or the wipes, or offer her drinks. Every little bit helps!