Monday, November 24, 2008

hanging around

As we are driving home from the grocery store:
Gwennie: When I grow up, I’m going to marry Thomas and have some babies and live with you so you can help me out.
Mama: Well, by that time, you will probably want a home of your own to live in.
Gwennie: No, I’ll want to live with you so you can help me out. The thing is, I’m afraid about driving.
Mama: Well, you’ll be less afraid when you get older.
Gwennie: I’m worried that I won’t be able to find my house. (pause) Maybe I’ll carry around a piece of paper with my address on it!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, I just love it when we get a glimpse into the minds of children. Gwendolyn is a darling goal-setter, and I thought her fear of not finding her home was poignant. That's a real concern when you're 6 and your mom is trying to master various back roads (ha ha)

Whenever my kids suggest living with me in the future, I try to get it in writing :) I know their minds will change, but mind won't & I'll try to hold them to their earlier ideas.

Heather Atchley said...

Ha ha! Sweet conversation with a sweet girl. But I agree, she should marry Thomas.