Tuesday, September 9, 2008

sweet dreams are made of freon

How people lived in Texas before air conditioning, I'll never know. It feels so good to have cold air circulating through our house again. I briefly considered putting the kids in footie sleepers tonight and setting the thermostat to 58, just because I could, but feared that they would then wake up in the middle of the night because they were cold. Here's to a good night of sleep.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

i often wonder the same thing about people here in the south generations ago. my mother in law grew up in Louisiana and says she never remembers complaining of the heat. craziness!

glad you guys are cool. that baby is yummy. :)

Shauna-mama-gramma Sam said...

I am so glad that the repair guy actually came! If only you could get back the money you have spent on a non-working air conditioner. That's the most painful consideration of the whole affair. (I still think that there should be some way to "share"--I send you some of my "crisp" weather; you send me some of your warm.) Mom S

Melissa said...

Yes, I love a sleeping baby.