Wednesday, September 3, 2008

the mind of our three-year-old

Linus: I think we should name Mama Cat “Whiskey.”
Todd: Why, Linus?
Linus: Because she has the same name as whiskers.

Mama: Holy mackerel, that was a huge bite, Linus!
Linus, later in the meal: Daddy got a huge mackerel of chips!

Mama: We need to teach Casper not to bite.
Linus: Yeah, by throwing him on the ceiling.

Linus: Can you make this for us?
Mama: I’m sorry, I can’t. Daddy does that.
Linus: Only Daddy can?
Mama: Yep.
Linus: Just pretend you’re Daddy!

Linus, upset with Mama, threatens, "Then I'm never going to hurry to the potty ever again!"
He really has a sense of what's important to me, I'll give him that.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it! I love when they come up with all these funny things.

Shauna-mama-gramma Sam said...

I love the language development stage. He's loving and learning language. And entertaining us and amazing us at the same time. Beautiful AND clever. (What is it that you can't do, Jen? I can't imagine.) Mom S