Wednesday, July 23, 2008

tried and true

For the past few days, my friend Erin and her kids have been staying with us before they leave on vacation and it has been such fun (except for the no power/air conditioning incident). I was a little worried that Gwendolyn's passionate personality might bring a little too much drama into the mix, but the girls were the best of friends. They played so sweetly and were so funny together.Linus adores 8-year-old Graham and multiple times a day would announce, "I love you, Graham!" Graham was so sweet with both the boys -- reading books to Linus and playing peek-a-boo with Casper.I also throughly enjoyed having Erin here, as she is always such good company and was such a help to me with the kids and cooking and such. We stayed up far too late talking each night, and I'm glad.

After we said our good-byes this evening, my children were so sad about their friends leaving for their vacation. For a good half hour, all I heard was, "I want Annie." and "I want Graham." Then Linus came up with the perfect solution: "Let's play a game! It's called, 'Annie and Graham!'"

1 comment:

Erin said...

We had such fun too. I just sorry my grilled cheese sandwiches turned into grilled cheese greasewiches!

Graham & Annie want to know when they will sleepover again. Pronto, please! They really enjoyed swimming, reading, playing and exploring. Also, Graham enjoyed being loud, obviously.


I'm sorry about the loss of habitat in your backyard, however. I didn't realize condos were coming in. No thanks.

I can't wait to get together again, play games & talk into the night.