Tuesday, June 10, 2008

craft countdown: beanbag for the goodie bag

When Gwendolyn first heard about the family auction of handmade items, she immediately went to work on a "goodie bag". She concocted a bag out of paper and decorative tape and filled it with her own idea of treasures: scraps of fleece, a bird feather with yarn tied around it, clothespins colored with marker and an old paintbrush wound in colorful yarn. With my help and encouragement, she has added candy, stickers and a hand-sewn beanbag.

*****

Gwendolyn: I’m a special kind of superhero. I’m the special-est.
Todd: You’re a superhero specialist? Specialist at what?
Gwendolyn: At carrying trucks . . . and having fights! And you’re a supervillain – I mean, superbadguy. My best friend (that’s Linus) is a supermonkey, and his name is Soupnut. And my name is Madette.

I guess she does know what she’s talking about – sounds pretty superhero to me.

2 comments:

Erin said...

What a nice treasure!
I hope your trip is fantastic.

Heather Atchley said...

I love the names! You should call them Madette and Soupnut from now on.